Tonight I scored two sweet shirts. Last week someone told me that Hot Topic was carrying a shirt featuring my Gotham City Sirens. I had to pick that up right quick~ which was step one. My son gave me a high five on my love of villains! What would be better than a tee shirt with the sirens; Harley Quinn (PhD); Cat Woman; and Poison Ivy (PhD) having a pillow fight? Since the shirts were buy one get one 1/2 off, I had to buy an awesome shirt featuring a smokin’ hot Harley Q. Step two… Time to get a custom shred on those bad girls. Why would I pay 20 for tee shirts just to wear them all proper? As Wolverine would say…”slice -n- dice!!”
Archive for the ‘Obsessions’ category
Good workouts rock! Now that’s a workout. When you go to the gym, either get serious, get out of the way, or go home! Those new Planet Fitness commercials make me laugh! Why do people who are in shape get called lugs on this planet? Oh yeah– I forgot- because Planet Fitness is “not a gym!” Hum? How can we get in shape there in that case? I have been in the gym for years and have yet to meet a man or woman fitting the image in those stereotypical commercials. People with no guts will have no glory and weak people find comfort in calling strong people lugs. It takes guts, heart and brains to train- so remember that! Smart equals sexy! Bring it!!
The loose collective of online activists known as Anonymous have released a list of statements they believe are facts in the case of Rehtaeh Parsons.
While the group has said they know the names of those responsible, they are not releasing the names right now.
"We have done our best to keep those names from being released," the group said in the statement below.
The vision must be
followed by the venture.
It is not enough to stare
up the steps~ we must
step up the stairs.
Now that’s a workout!! Seriously…running up these stairs in the Sunday heat must be one of the hardest beatings my lungs can take (not to mention my body). Legs shakin’ ~n~ what not! I was able to run up the stairway today with a bit of floor exercises in between. There are 50 steps up and 50 steps down. I was able to complete 800 steps, but I should be able to do more than that?? Maybe next time? I just keep visualizing those summer outfits. It’s also good to boost my mental clarity. Cheers! I’m done for the day and headed to Whole Foods.
I have been so impressed by ear candy over the last year. How did I ever live without real headphones? Laugh if you will but where I go— my genre blind iPod and headphones go. It was time to upgrade to the killer purps. My last set was black and red, but then Dr. Dre went and released his color line with King James by his side! This high definition sweet set has titanium coated driver technology for precise sound and distortion free bass. What can I say? This woman has needs!
Plato once said “music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” I do agree. It is natural for my body and mind to diffuse into sound. With music I get by, move forward, push harder, feel love, shake fear, become a fantasy, dry tears, and devour lyrics. My mind transforms with words and beats. Adrenaline provoking music is also critical to my workouts! I always have time for those things which make me feel alive.
“When it hurts, push harder!”
(by “it” I mean mind,
body and soul)
Wow… I must have destroyed and lost
so may iPods over the years that
I need to stop counting! Maybe I need to
have pod insurance since that
is one thing I simply can’t live without?
Funny~ that I lost the pod under
similar circumstances last time! What the?
Really?? Anyhow~ I guess it’s all good!?
I went for the big boy this time~ the more
memory, the better! Turns out the newest iPods
have a photo flash. They can also capture
panoramic photos, which happens to be one thing
I love about working in the archives. There are
some nice historical panos from back in the day!
Check out my panoramic shot of my
home away from home~
Mandrill’s Gym in Santa Fe, New Mexico
(click twice on the image to see it close up~
once in this window and then again in the next)
On Friday I took the time to pull all of my old and new Donell Jones CDs together. He has to be one of my all time favorite RnB artists. Now there is one gifted man. There are not many artists that you can say bring it on every single track when they put a new album out.
I want to make a mix with some of the best tracks Mr. Jones has given us. At this point, I have a few ideas for a mix title. Today while I was exercising at the track, I combed through my mega Jonezzz list~ deleting the songs that I didn’t see fit for the special mix I want to create. While the cold chill brushed my cheeks I wondered what happened to Mr. Jones? How could such an awesome man just disappear?
There is one web site I check regularly for music news in this particular genre. Tonight I checked it and low and behold~ just a few posts down I discovered that Donell is indeed looking to make a major comeback in the first half of 2013. The post went up on January 31. Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about! I just can’t wait!!! Check out the video for Shorty Got Her Eyes on Me~~ That’s some pure awesomeness!
After hearing that song, if you still don’t believe that DJ has the love sounds on hot lock, take a look at the February 14th event scheduled at the Warfield in Cali. Blaqline Ent is presenting “Love Affair” on Valentine’s Day with Donell Jones, Teedra Moses, Musiq Soulchild and Netta B. Wish I could be there…
Sports Culture | Miami Heat White House Visit (2013): #NBA #HeatOBAMA #Obama #LOL #Heat [Champion Since.]January 28, 2013
Yeah!! Yeah!!! Yeah!!! Yeah!!!! Loved this! Miami Heat White House Visit (2013) posted by one of my favorites "Champion Since." This is what I'm talkin' about! Get ready to see the Heat take it yet again this year! Nice... :) Felicia
Or maybe it’s….
D) All of thee above
Yesterday the Audacity® team released a new version of the free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds. Nice! Version 2.0.3 is now available for Windows®, Mac®, GNU/Linux® and other operating systems. If you are so inclined, you can also opt to build Audacity yourself, by downloading the source code.
This software is for all those people with a headphone fetish!!
- Crash using Undo whilst time-shifting a track.
- Crash using Repair if the selection extended into an empty track.
- Export Multiple didn’t prevent export if there was no audio or all audio was muted. This allowed export of small invalid files.
- Loop Play of a speeded-up track inserted silence.
- Playback and rendering was significantly inaccurate, creating audible and visual glitches.
- The mnemonics character “&” was read out by screen readers in most of the Preferences choices.
- NVDA did not read static text in most dialogs. Text can now be read by using INSERT + B.
- JAWS and Window-eyes misread the “Duration” control in Silence Generator.
- Toolbar buttons could not be pressed by ENTER
- Other interface bug fixes.
- The SoX Resampler library (libsoxr) has replaced libresample in Audacity releases, offering both higher quality and greater speed. .
- “Set Range” now changes only the range of the Time Track, preserving the pitch/speed set by any existing warp points.
- Vertical scale added with options for linear and logarithmic display and interpolation.
- Upper and lower speed limits will now be remembered when saving and reopening a project in 2.0.3. Warp points in projects saved by previous Audacity versions will be correctly restored in 2.0.3.
- Warp points saved in a 2.0.3 project will be preserved if opened in previous versions but playback and display will be incorrect.
- Studio Fade Out (uses a filtered “S” curve).
- Adjustable Fade (accessible effect for creating partial fades and adjustable fade shapes).
- Bass and Treble (replaces Bass Boost).
- Real sample rates up to 384000 Hz are now supported for playback and recording in high resolution devices (the maximum is up to 192000 Hz for Windows DirectSound host).
- Labeled Regions in Edit Menu is renamed to “Labeled Audio” and now allows splits to be placed at point labels. Labeled audio regions that touch without overlapping are treated as separate regions. Overlapping labeled audio regions are treated as a single region.
- New Croatian translation of Audacity.
- CMake is required in order to build libsoxr.
Tonight I saw the music video for Stay by Rihanna featuring Mikky Ekko for the first time. I have been listening to the song for a while now and I absolutely love it. It is such an awesome song. Now that I see that the video is set in Havana in 1956, I like it even more. This is just a couple of years after Ernest Hemingway won the Nobel Prize in Literature. In late 1956 he is said to have been reminded of writing notebooks he had hidden in the late 1920s. Hemingway located the the lost treasures and by 1957 returned to Havana to complete a memoir. In the video, Rihanna is enveloped with a Cuban man.
I have heard these words several times throughout the years. They ring so true, and for me~ this happened long ago. I was reminded of the mantra tonight when one of Dolvett’s team members said it on the Biggest Loser.
You have to “fall in love with the gym.”
It is actually easy to fall in love with the gym. When we act like fitness is a chore~ it becomes a chore. You must love what you do. This is key to any successful fitness program. It is all in your head. Mind over matter if you will.
I have to say that Dolvett won me over tonight. His team members receive steady training methods and positive reinforcement. After each got off the scale and had only lost 2 pounds he still responded with encouraging words. This is no surprise from a man who says “my goal in life, be better than yesterday, and continue to change lives one rep at a time.”
We all have to start somewhere!
Now that’s a snow covered track on NYD. Wow… and yes I still ran because I had to. I will eat good tonight and will start again this coming Monday. It’s kind of interesting that there were not any tracks on the fresh blanket of snow.
There were no strange souls out on the first day of resolutions for the New Year. I guess that my resolution is the same every year~ just make every effort to be the best person that I can be. That’s all.